fred merwarth - hermann wiemer J. vineyard
The folks who put on the City of Riesling invited me to their events this past June in Traverse City, Michigan. I was able to record this podcast featuring Fred Merwarth, who is the owner and winemaker at Hermann J. Wiemer Vineyards in the Finger Lakes region of New York. Our conversation covers Fred's introduction to winemaking, the challenges of growing grapes in the Finger Lakes, the grapevine nursery, which is part of their business, and of course, their many bottlings of Riesling.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Herman J. Wiemer Vineyard, Dundee NY
- City of Riesling, Traverse City, Michigan
- Video of Fred from Skurnik Wines
This podcast is brought you by HomeBrewIt.com -- Providing winemaking supplies for the hobbyist and small to mid size wineries
- Everything from small amounts of wine chemicals and shrink caps, to stainless steel tanks, presses, and commercial bottle fillers
- Largest selection of Winexpert Wine Kits on the web
- Real pricing, meaning we don't hide our shipping costs in the price of an item!
- Family owned and operated for over 20 years
- Customer service driven
- Use the code INSIDEWINEMAKING2018 at HomeBrewIt.com/inside-winemaking and get 10% off purchases of winemaking equipment
Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think: firstname.lastname@example.org
if you learn something from the collection of podcasts at Inside Winemaking, please considering donating to support the show. Paypal links at the bottom of the Inside Winemaking homepage. Every small donation is helpful.