August Deimel - keuka spring vineyards
The folks who put on the City of Riesling invited me to their events this past June in Traverse City, Michigan. I was able to record this podcast featuring August Deimel, the winemaker for Keuka Spring Vineyards in the Finger Lakes. August has a talent for storytelling and I was incredibly fortunate to connect with him on a whim. Having attended Cornell's enology program, August provided a peek into east coast wine education and winemaking that was a novel perspective for this podcast. His enthusiasm for the grape varietal Vignoles has me eager to try this potential long-lived wine.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Keuka Spring Vineyards - Finger Lakes, NY
- City of Riesling, Traverse City, Michigan
- Adams County Winery, PA
- Handbook of Enology by Ribereau-Gayon
This podcast is brought you by HomeBrewIt.com -- Providing winemaking supplies for the hobbyist and small to mid size wineries
- Everything from small amounts of wine chemicals and shrink caps, to stainless steel tanks, presses, and commercial bottle fillers
- Largest selection of Winexpert Wine Kits on the web
- Real pricing, meaning we don't hide our shipping costs in the price of an item!
- Family owned and operated for over 20 years
- Customer service driven
- Use the code INSIDEWINEMAKING2018 at HomeBrewIt.com/inside-winemaking and get 10% off purchases of winemaking equipment
Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think: email@example.com
if you learn something from the collection of podcasts at Inside Winemaking, please considering donating to support the show. Paypal links at the bottom of the Inside Winemaking homepage. Every small donation is helpful.