ernst loosen and bob bertheau - eroica riesling from washington state
The folks who put on the City of Riesling invited me to their events this past June in Traverse City, Michigan. I was able to record this podcast featuring the team behind Washington state's Eroica Riesling, produced by Ste Michelle Wine Estates. Bob Bertheau is the head winemaker for Chateau Ste Michelle and Ernst Loosen is the proprietor of the Dr Loosen wines in Germany's Mosel Valley. Since 1999 they have had a partnership focused on an iconic Riesling from Washington called Eroica. More than just a discussion of the Eroica partnership, Bob and Ernst take me through the challenges and technical evolution that encompasses both Washington and Germany.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Eroica Riesling, Washington State
- Dr Loosen, Mosel Valley, Germany
- Chateau Ste Michelle - Washington State
- J Christopher Wines, Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Telmo Rodriguez, Rioja, Spain
- City of Riesling, Traverse City, Michigan
This podcast is brought you by HomeBrewIt.com -- Providing winemaking supplies for the hobbyist and small to mid size wineries
- Everything from small amounts of wine chemicals and shrink caps, to stainless steel tanks, presses, and commercial bottle fillers
- Largest selection of Winexpert Wine Kits on the web
- Real pricing, meaning we don't hide our shipping costs in the price of an item!
- Family owned and operated for over 20 years
- Customer service driven
- Use the code INSIDEWINEMAKING2018 at HomeBrewIt.com/inside-winemaking and get 10% off purchases of winemaking equipment
Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think: firstname.lastname@example.org
if you learn something from the collection of podcasts at Inside Winemaking, please considering donating to support the show. Paypal links at the bottom of the Inside Winemaking homepage. Every small donation is helpful.