josh jacsobsen - facebook and instagram advertising for wineries
This episode features Josh Jacobsen, who I met when he signed up for the forthcoming Deep Winemaking immersion trip in Napa this coming August. Formerly of Facebook, Josh agreed to help walk me through all the important aspects of creating ads in a manner that would be specific for wineries. Josh provides an incredible insight into creating, tracking, and evaluating the messages and costs that a winery could use on Facebook and Instagram ads.
This ended up being a very technical podcast, not in the usually enological way, but as a guide for winemakers venturing into targeted marketing. Josh patiently talks me through all the steps involved in creating a focused ad campaign, and the show notes include links to all the relevant tools within Facebook's Ad Manager platform. For the portion of the Inside Winemaking audience that has any interest in social media marketing, this will be played on repeat.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Facebook links - Organization
- Business Manager (hub to house FB/IG assets - pages/ad accounts & respective employee permissions, etc.
- Facebook links - Campaign Management
- Ads Manager (where you create advertising campaigns/ad sets/ads)
- Ads Reporting (where you monitor performance, this is a sub-section within Ads Manager)
- Facebook Events Manager (to create a Pixel for website tracking, this is also a sub-section within Ads Manager)
- Facebook Pixel Helper (to confirm your Pixel is working)
- Facebook links - Advertising Examples
- Facebook Success Stories (Case Studies)
- Facebook links - Advertising Resource
- Facebook Creative Hub (hub where you can create advertising mockups)
- Facebook Training
- Facebook Blueprint (free online courses, 'certification' costs $)
- Facebook Campaign Management Resources
- Facebook Marketing Partner Directory (agencies that specialize in social platforms)
- Brehm Vineyards - Josh's grape supplier
- Josh's contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think: email@example.com
if you learn something from the collection of podcasts at Inside Winemaking, please considering donating to support the show. Paypal links at the bottom of the Inside Winemaking homepage. Every small donation is helpful.