Kyle Truesdell, Agronomist from wilbur-Ellis
Soil science is a difficult subject to get your head around. Years of making "housecalls" to visit with farmers throughout California has honed Kyle Truesdell's ability to translate complex topics of soil science and vine interactions in a manner that anyone can understand. As an agronomist with Certified Crop Advisor and Pest Control Advisor licenses, Kyle runs the Wilbur-Ellis offices in Napa and Sonoma. He still makes time to get out and visit vineyards, and that is how I met him this past October at Seavey Vineyard. After peppering him with nearly every soil question I had ever thought of, I realized that our conversation could be helpful to many, and that led to the recording of this episode.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Humic Acid - Turns out it's a complex mixture of acids
- Serpentine soil
- Post Harvest Wrap Up Episode of Inside Winemaking
- At ROOTSTOCK on Thur, Nov. 12th I'll be leading the 12:30PM Guided Blending Session
- Napa: The Story of an American Eden by James Conaway - my favorite book on Napa wine history*
- Inside Winemaking Podcast on iTunes
- Also on Stitcher Radio
I recommend that anyone with an interest in California winemaking read the book Napa: The Story of an American Eden by James Conaway.
*The Conway book is an Amazon Affiliate link. Buying through this affiliation is a great way to support the Podcast.