Laura Barrett, Clif Family winery
After an extensive string of internships spanning New Zealand, Napa, and Australia, Laura Barrett made a list of her top ten women winemakers that she hoped to work with and landed herself a job with a superstar, Mia Klein. After working with Mia at Fisher Vineyards, Laura was the winemaker at Casey Flat Ranch before taking on her current winemaking post at Clif Family Winery. Based in Napa, Clif Family gained notoriety for their line of snack bars popular with endurance athletics before branching out into the wine business. Under Laura's stewardship, Clif Family is producing a stellar line-up of wines, including Bordeaux varieties from their organically-farmed estate on Howell Mountain.
Laura showed up prepared for this episode of the podcast, notes and all. Don't miss her trials with Grenache-based rose, and the unpopular belief she employs in the winery.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Clif Family Winery main website
- Stonyridge Vineyard on Waiheke Island in New Zealand
- Naturaliste Vintners in Western Australia
- Napa Wine Company was the custom crush facility where Laura first worked in California
- Laura was the assistant winemaker at Fisher Vineyards
- Then later the winemaker at Casey Flat Ranch
- Mia Klein and Selene Wines
Questions? Comments? Let me know what you think: email@example.com